![]() |
| Would you not agree? |
Greetings people of the internet and my dear readership.
This is for all the people that thought I was either dead or had given up on
this Blog. This post will be split into two sections as you may be able to gleam
from the title.
So this post is about what I call snap shot writing. It is
not writing something on the spur of the moment. It’s a term I use for
observational or sensory writing.
This is one of the few things I would recommend as a warm up
to writing. Taking each sense in turn in
any particular order just go with it. My preferred order is; Sight, Touch, Smell,
Taste and finally Hearing.
I was meant to have a prepared piece, however the stresses
of life have prevented me from doing so. But I may find the time and place it
here once it’s done. So keep a keen eye on this blog post for it. If any of you
feel like it, comment your snap shot writing. I would love to read them.
That was really short right? Love when a plan come together.
Now for something I want to really take a stab at.
The FLOW:
It is a concept that everyone should understand in their own
way. My friends and I float this term around as an expression. But what do we
mean?
One of my elders said “The Flow is a mental and spiritual
place where your ideas take physical form.”
Quinnan, who wrote one of my previous blogs on world building says “the flow is a mental, physical and emotional
state to which you can achieve optimal performance.”
I agree with both of these. But I have found that the FLOW is not just mental,
emotional and spiritual, it is also physical. When training or doing exercise I find that I get
a rhythm, but in the realm of writing I must be in a state of harmony and
comfort to which all the energy within yourself and the ambient energy around
comes out in your writing, or anything you do for that matter.
It’s important that when you are doing anything creative,
you want to do it and that you love doing every part of the process. Sometimes
the joy is in the simple act of creation and building.
Hopefully that all makes sense? It’s really simple I swear. I
just make things sound complicated. Just a habit I guess.
I guess that wraps it up. Warming up with a bit of
writing is one of the best ways to get in the flow. Always remember that.
Nurture every thought and watch it blossom!
As always thank you for reading. This post feels a bit
rushed. Just a heads up. Im going to be a bit busy for a while with various
things, so posts may be few and far between or late like this one. Please be
patient with me.
*link to FOT: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fields-of-Thought-Writers-Guild-and-Micro-Community-Publishing/1489007134689771
(please give us a like)
FOT Member’s deviant art page and facebook community page (hope he doesn't mind):
Please give the blog a +1, and share. My effort won’t get
realized without it, so it would help a lot. I want lots of people to enjoy writing just like I have. COMMENTS
would be great as well!! So any amount or sharing will be good.
The next post will be on: my current method of character design. I know about Bloody time!

No comments:
Post a Comment